NAIT Waqf Services
Alhamdulillah, masajid and schools are expected to be perpetual. Unfortunately, many Islamic centers founded in the 19th and early 20th century were lost. To prevent this in the future, a national Waqf organization, the North American Islamic Trust, Inc. (NAIT) was founded in 1973.
NAIT as a Waqf institution is unique among national Muslim non-profits.
While, the decision-making body of non-profit corporation can dispose of or encumber communal property, NAIT management cannot do so to Waqf properties.
Waqf properties, or the value of these properties become restricted on a perpetual basis, to serve the Islamic objectives prescribed at inception.
Since NAIT's founding, Muslim communities have entrusted the titles of over 325 properties in 42 States to NAIT.
More are added every year. Market value of these Waqf properties is several hundred million dollars. Under the Waqf program of NAIT, no one can make the masajid subject to a mortgage, put up as collateral, forsaken, or disposed of.
NAIT has provided Waqf service at no cost to these Islamic centers. NAIT invites you to contribute fee-sabilillah to NAIT in this cause of preserving masajid for their dawah activities.
"The Mosques of Allah shall be visited and maintained by those who believe in Allah and the Last Day, establish regular prayers, and practice regular charity and fear none but Allah. It is they who are expected to be on true guidance" Surah Al Tawbah, Verse 18.
NAIT is asking for your donation to its Waqf service. Your contribution will help NAIT:
- Revive the Prophet's Sunnah of Waqf;
- Preserve several masajid and schools (not just one);
- Shield Islamic centers' properties from potential legal liability that may consequent to the local center's operations (e.g. earlier this year, NAIT secured Summary Judgment from a Texas court extracting a Waqf property from the still ongoing lawsuit against the local Islamic center;
- Enable NAIT's Islamic Centers Cooperative Fund (ICCF) to continue to grant millions of dollars in interest-free loans to centers to complete their masajid;
- Continue to facilitate regulatory and legal guidance to Islamic centers; and
- Pool Islamic centers' funds for Shariah-compliant investments.
"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times? And it is Allah that decreases or increases (your provisions) and to Him shall be your return". Surah Al Baqarah, Verse 245.